Need to spice up your Christmas cookie platter? Try our Lebkuchen Spice Classic Springerle Cookies recipe. Our authentic Lebkuchen spice mix includes cardamom, ginger, coriander, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and anise. Paired with our Lebkuchen Glaze recipe, these cookies are sure to wow your guests!
- 4.5 large eggs
- 12 oz confectioner's sugar (by weight, not volume)
- 1 package of Springerle Joy Lebkuchen Spice Mix
- 1 lb cake flour
- Mix the confectioner's sugar and Lebkuchen Spice Mix package.
- Set aside.
- Beat the eggs at high speed on your mixer until the eggs are a frothy crème. With the mixer on low, add the sugar and spice mixture gradually until combined. Quickly switch out the wire whisk and insert the paddle attachment to your mixer. Add the cake flour with mixer on low.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest 1/2 hour. Take 1/4 of the dough out of the bowl and knead in flour until the dough can be rolled. Roll out your dough to 8mm for average size (up to 4" diameter) cookie molds. Take out the guess work using our dough thickness guides.
- Dust the surface of the dough and your mold. Mold cookies, cut out the cookies and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Let molded cookies dry 8-12 hours.
- Bake at 290° F 12-20 minutes, until bottoms of cookies begins to change color to a light golden brown.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon flavoring (vanilla, orange oil, lemon oil, etc)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth. Add more water if necessary. Brush glaze on each cookie after baking.
Products used in this article: