Apple Cider Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 instant apple cider packets (0.74 ounces each)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream butter adn sugars together. Add egg, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the three packets of instant apple cider mix. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Dust the surface of your counter and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 1/2 inch.
- Dust the surface of your dough and your cookie mold with flour. Press the mold into the dough just far enough down to fill the mold cavity. Remove your mold and cut out the cookie. You do not need to brush off the excess flour on the top of your cookie.
- Place your cookies on a baking sheet that has been lined wiht parchment paper.
- Chill your cookie sheet full of molded cookies for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Take your cookie sheet out of the fridge and immediately place it on the center rack of a preheated 375℉ oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove the cookies when the bottoms are just beginning to turn brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before removing.
- Optional: Brush backs of cookies with melted caramel, or "sandwich" caramel between two cookies.
Springerle Joy Blog http://blog.springerlejoy.com/