Classic Springerle with Lebkuchen Spice Mix
- 4.5 large eggs
- 12 oz confectioner's sugar
- (1) 4.75 oz Springerle Joy Lebkuchen Spice Mix*
- 1 lb cake flour
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and Lebkuchen Spice Mix. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs at high speed on your mixer until the eggs are a frothy crème. (This takes about 4-6 minutes in Kitchen Aid mixer.) With the mixer on low, add the sugar/spice mixture gradually until combined.
- Quickly switch out the wire whisk and put on paddle attachment. Add the cake flour with mixer on low.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest ½ hour. Take ¼ of the dough out of the bowl and knead in flour until the dough can be rolled. Roll out your dough to 3/8" for average size (up to 4" diameter) cookie molds.
- Dust the surface of the dough and your mold. Mold cookies, cut out the cookies and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Let molded cookies dry 12 hours.
- Bake at 290°F 12-20 minutes, until bottoms of cookies begins to change color to a light golden brown.
- The advantage to this recipe versus a standard gingerbread recipe is that this dough can reproduce the most delicate cookie mold patterns because it can dry overnight.
Springerle Joy Blog http://blog.springerlejoy.com/