Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- White all-purpose flour
- Cream together the butter and both sugars. Add the baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice; mix well.
- Add the egg and milk, beat well. Add the flour, mixing until well combined.
- Dust the surface of your counter and rolling pin with all-purpose white flour and roll out the dough to a thickness between 1/2-3/4 inch, depending on the depth of the mold you are using.
- Dust the surface of your dough and your cookie mold with the all-purpose flour. Press the mold into the dough just far enough down to fill the mold cavity. Remove your mold and cut out the cookie. Brush off any extra flour that appears on the surface of the impression.
- Place your cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill your cookie sheet full of molded cookies in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take your sheet of cookies out of the fridge and immediately place it on the center rack of a preheated 365℉ oven. Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes until the bottoms are just beginning to turn brown.
- Place on a wire cooking rack until completely cool.
- Recipe will not work with shallow, fine detailed molds. Use deep larger scale designed molds.
Springerle Joy Blog http://blog.springerlejoy.com/