The holiday season is fast approaching and with it all of the sweet cookies, cakes, candy, and pies. Rather than overloading on sugar, change things up a bit with this delicious savory cookie recipe. The blend of lemon, rosemary, and cheese are the perfect combination to satisfy anyone’s tastebuds.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1-2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix flour, cheeses sugar, rosemary, salt and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and lemon zest with an electric mixer until combined. Mix in the egg yolk and cream.
- Add the flour mixture until completely combined. On a floured surface, roll out dough to a uniform thickness of approximately 3/8 inch. Dust the surface of your dough with flour. (There is no need to dust the mold). Press the mold into the dough just far enough to fill the mold cavity. Remove your mold and cut out the impression. Place your cookie on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place molded cookies in refrigerator. Chill for at least 1/2 hour. Take your cookies out of the refrigerator and place them directly into your preheated oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges should be a light golden brown. Cool and serve.
- For best results, use a springerle cookie mold with a deep design.
Products used in this article:
1680 Sun Swirl springerle cookie mold
1681 Venus Star springerle cookie mold