Nothing is more heartfelt than a homemade gift. Surprise your loved ones this Christmas with gorgeous applesauce ornaments that you can make yourself.
These easy-to-make ornaments use only three ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
Hang on the tree or attach to a present for a special touch. The pleasing aroma of the cinnamon will last all season. We painted our ornaments with metallic gold acrylic paint and accented them with gold ribbon and brown satin bows.
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 oz. ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons white glue
- Mix applesauce and glue.
- Add ground cinnamon until the dough is stiff like clay.
- Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough to 3/8 inch or 8 mm using dough guides.
- Dust the surface of the dough and springerle mold with ground cinnamon.
- Press mold into dough until cavities of the mold are filled.
- Brush off any excess cinnamon before baking. (It cannot be removed after baking.)
- Use a straw or skewer to make hole for ribbon to hang the ornament.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours in a 200 degree F oven.
Products used in this article: