Nothing says “fall” more than a nice warm cup of apple cider. Well, we’ve taken that comforting flavor and turned it into a delightful cookie! Our Apple Cider Sugar Cookie recipe is super easy to make and tastes just like apple pie! Instant Spiced Apple Cider packets make these cookies a breeze to make. These cookies are perfect for sitting around a fall campfire, enjoying indoors on a chilly fall evening, or serving as a comforting dessert after your Thanksgiving feast.
We decided to spice things up by using some fun shapes for our Apple Cider Sugar Cookies. Our Four Leaves, Venus Star, Diamond, and Star Wheel springerle cookie molds make beautifully designed cookies, while our Man in the Moon and North Indian Ornament springerle cookie molds are sure to be conversation starters!
Instant Spiced Apple Cider packets are the secret ingredient to these fabulous cookies. They can be found at most local grocery stores as well as Walmart and Target. Be sure to purchase the “Original” flavor of spiced apple cider and not the “Sugar Free” packets.
For an added touch of sweetness, melted caramel can be spread onto the backs of these cookies, or in between for a sandwich style cookie. If spreading onto the backs, refrigerate before serving (caramel side up) to firm up the caramel and reduce stickiness.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 instant apple cider packets (0.74 ounces each)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add egg, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the three packets of instant apple cider mix. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Dust the surface of your counter and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 1/2 inch.
- Dust the surface of your dough and your cookie mold with flour. Press the mold into the dough just far enough down to fill the mold cavity. Remove your mold and cut out the cookie. You do not need to brush off the excess flour on the top of your cookie.
- Place your cookies on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Chill your cookie sheet full of molded cookies for at least 1/2 hour in the fridge.
- Take your cookie sheet out of the fridge and immediately place it on the center rack of a preheated 375℉ oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove the cookies when the bottoms are just beginning to turn brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before removing.
Springerle Joy products used in this article: